29 February 2008
AMENDMENTS TO COMMISSION ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING WEBSITE PAGES
The Jersey Financial Services Commission (the “Commission”) has recently implemented a number of amendments to the anti-money laundering / countering the financing of terrorism (“AML/CFT”) content of its website. The review of, and consequential amendment of, the AML/CFT pages follows the coming into force of:
• the Money Laundering (Jersey) Order 2008; and
• the Proceeds of Crime (Substitution of Schedule 2) (Jersey) Regulations 2008
It also follows publication of the Handbook for the Prevention and Detection of Money Laundering and the Financing of Terrorism (“the Handbook”) on 4 February 2008. The amendments to the Commission website include:
• the promotion of anti-money laundering to the “top blue menu bar”;
• links to all of the new legislation and notices issued thereunder; and
• the inclusion of a new Part 4 to the Handbook, which provides a record of amendments applied to the Handbook since its publication.
In addition, the amendment of this section of the website takes into account the introduction of AML/CFT oversight to a number of new sectors. This area of the website for other businesses and organisations will be developed as the oversight regime is introduced.
The new look AML/CFT pages may be accessed at www.jerseyfsc.org/anti-money_laundering/index.asp.
- Ends -
For further information please contact: -
Andrew Le Brun
Director of International & Policy
Jersey Financial Services Commission
Tel: + 44 (0) 1534 822065
Fax: + 44 (0) 1534 822001