PRESS RELEASE 05 April
Commission Publishes Paper on Implementation of New
Anti-Money Laundering Handbook
The Commission has today published a paper to update industry
on progress in finalising the Money Laundering (Jersey) Order
200- (“Order”) and Handbook for
the Prevention and Detection of Money Laundering and the Financing
of Terrorism (“Handbook”).
The paper sets out:
- a timetable for finalising the Order and Handbook;
- areas where the Commission expects regulated businesses
to begin preparations; and
- the Commission’s policy in a number of key areas
raised during the consultation process in 2006.
For further information please contact: -
Andrew Le Brun
Director, International & Policy
Jersey Financial Services Commission
Tel: + 44 (0) 1534 822065
Fax: + 44 (0) 1534 822001
Notes to Editors.
1. Consultation Paper No. 4 (Handbook for the prevention
and detection of money laundering and the financing of terrorism)
was published by the Commission in May 2006.
2. The Commission published a feedback paper on Consultation
Paper No. 4 in November 2006.
3. See: http://www.jerseyfsc.org/the_commission/anti-money_laundering.
4. Implementation of the Order and Handbook is part of a
series of measures that are underway in order to implement
the Financial Action Task Force’s 40+9 Recommendations
– compliance with which will be assessed by the International
Monetary Fund in 2008.